Susan is a long established professional water colour artist and one of our committee members who paints mostly representational water colours and recently won the Society for All Artists awards "Professional Artist of the Year 2016"and "Best Professional Painting in the Animal and Wildlife category 2016 and 2018, plus Best Professional Seascape 2018". She is usually at our evening demonstrations if you want to speak to her about her courses or follow the link to her workshops.
1st September RHS Hyde Hall "Seed Heads in Mixed Media" Book now through RHS, telephone 020 3176 5830 Event code 14816
Half Day Watercolour workshops at HOFS in Hadleigh continue through the summer: 31 July - Puffins & Seagulls 21 August - Poppies 4 September - Ponds and Waterlilies 25 September - There's Light Ahead More details on my website or call to book a space (07591-205371). www.susanclare.art/workshops
2. The Butterfly Art and Craft Studio Brian and Julie offer a full programme of full day and weekend workshops by visiting professional artists at their cozy and comfortable Butterfly Studios, in picturesque Terling, (follow website link for full programme.) They also host the Butterfly Arts Club, on Thursdays, led by Susan Clare. These half day sessions are friendly and informal, with demos, tips and guidance in watercolour and some experimental mixed media techniques. The group includes a complete mix of advanced painters and beginners. We paint around a subject theme each week and members commit for a block of six weeks. Tea, coffee and biscuits are included. Places are highly sought after, so please check with Brian and Julie for availability in the morning or afternoon sessions.
3. Barnston Art Group (Gt Dunmow) The group meet every Tuesday throughout the year 9am-3pm. The classes are tutored by Linda Series in Watercolour (unless informed otherwise) with members going home with a finished painting each week. The classes are suitable for both beginners and intermediate alike. Once a month they have another visiting artist and this can be in a variety of mediums, a great opportunity for the group to try different techniques and styles.The group is also now offering classes in oil painting once a month and held on a Thursday, the next class being held on 1st December.The cost for attending either class is £20.00 per day which includes as much tea/coffee, biscuits and cake as you want. Bring a sandwich for lunch. Barnston Art Group (Gt Dunmow), Chelmsford Road, Barnston CM6 1LR For further details regarding the classes, location or availability of space, please contact Linda on 01371 859446 or email to email@example.com www.lindaseriesart.com
4. Check out the website: www.arttutor.com/ This is an online video streamng site for learning about artists, techniques and media which has been recommended by our members.
5. Susan Keeble Susan runs five regular classes in Margaretting, Writtle and Broomfield, and also offer one or two one-day workshops per term. Details about them can be found on her website: http://www.susankeeble-artist.com/
6. RHS Hyde Hall offer a range of craft and art courses over the summer of 2018. Please follow the link below: